Becoming a Mrs. Contestant
The Mrs. Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program is an educational pageant focused on helping women to develop their personal skills. Leadership and Community Service are the first two skills we teach. During program practices, we have Leadership Workshops that encourage two valuable skills. Respecting & Honoring themselves & others. We are not just another Beauty Pageant looking for a contestant to go on to a State Pageant. We are a Scholarship Program with one goal. To empower women to make a difference in the Greater Southwest Michigan areas. To become Mrs. Southwest Michigan, it requires personal commitment and passion.
(Application at the bottom of this page.)
When & Where:
The 2017 Mrs. Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program is scheduled for April 29, 2017 at the Bridgman High School Preforming Arts Center.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:00am - Noon Interviews.
- Sunday, April 30, 2017 6:00pm - 2017 Mrs. Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program. The Show will be held at the Bridgman High School Preforming Arts Center, 9964 Gast Road Bridgman, MI 49106.
- Orientation and Rehearsals will be held at the Blue Roof Church, 3084 Niles Road in St. Joseph, MI exit 27 off I-94.
- Mandatory Orientation for Mrs. Programs: Saturday, February 4, 2017 8am - Noon.
- Contestants manuals will be handed out at the orientation.
- Saturday, March 11, 2017 Mrs. 8:00am - 3:00pm with a complimentary lunch.
- Saturday, March 22, 2017 Mrs. 8:00am - 3:00pm with a complimentary lunch.
- Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:00am - 5:00pm with a complimentary lunch.
- Held at the Bridgman High School Preforming Arts Center.
Community Service Project:
Sunday, April 11, 2017 2:00pm - 3:00pm Community Service Project at Local Assisted Living Facility.
To be a contestant, you must:
- Be between the ages of 25 and 70 by April 29, 2017.
- Be married a minimum of two years.
- Must be born a female.
- Have never been convicted of a felony crime.
- Agrees to abstain from any form of photography or video associated with nudity or pornography.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Living in the Greater Southwest Michigan Area.
Areas of Competition:
There are four areas of competition for the Mrs. Program:
- Interview counts for 50% of a contestants score.
- Evening Wear counts for 25% of a contestants score.
- Active Wear counts for 20% of a Contestants score.
- On-stage question counts for 5% of a contestants score.
Wardrobe needed for Competition:
- Dress or Suit of choice.
- Evening Wear:
- Evening Gown Floor Length.
- Active Wear:
- Active Wear outfit of choice.
- On-Stage Question:
- Evening Gown Floor Length.
- Note: The Program has a Closet that has many items to choose from for wardrobe rental.
If chosen Mrs. Southwest Michigan, you are expected to represent your platform, to be a positive role model, and to participate in Southwest Michigan’s Community Services & Events.
The Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program Description:
The Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program focus is to teach the women here in the Greater Southwest Michigan Area – Communication, Leadership, Community Service, Respect & Honor. All scholarships awarded through this Program are given to the young people in the Greater Southwest Michigan Area only.
Sign all forms and mail to:
The Southwest Michigan Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 623
St. Joseph, MI 49085
Entry Fee & Items Needed:
The following items need to be included with your entry form:
- Early Bird Special runs October 1st – December 31st 2017. Mrs. $25 Entry Fee, Copy of Marriage License, Birth Certificate and Application completely filled out mailed and received on or before 12/31/16 in Program Office.
- January 1st – February 4th 2017. Mrs. $100 Entry Fee, Copy of Marriage License, Birth Certificate and Application completely filled out mailed and received on or before 2/4/17 in Program Office.
Questions, Comments, or Concerns: